Denver Colorado Real Estate: Buyers’ Or Sellers’ Market? Months Of Inventory Tells The Story
Is it currently a Buyers’ or a Sellers’ Market?
In general, real estate professionals consider between 5 and 6 months of inventory a normal market. Less than 5 to 6 months of inventory is considered an appreciating market or “sellers” market. Over 6 months is considered a depreciating market or “buyers” market. For example:
Everyone wants to know how long it will take their home to sell. Realtors can help by looking at the months of inventory of homes on the market by price range and area. For example, if 12 homes sold in the $350,000 – $450,000 price range in the previous quarter that means that 4 homes sold per month in that price range (12 homes sold/3 months = 4 homes sold each month). If 8 homes are currently on the market in that area and price range, then we say there are 2 months of inventory of homes for sale using the past trend to forecast. Months of inventory helps to understand what is currently happening in a market segment, by area and price range. Of course not all homes for sale are created equal – each home is unique and has value based on its location and special features. Your Realtor can help you identify the right price for your home based on your goals for selling your home and buying a new one. Months of inventory are listed below for 8 multiple listing areas in Metro Denver. Click to enlarge
Denver Southeast 4th Quarter 2010 Condominium Supply
Filed under: Denver Colorado Real Estate, Denver News & Things of Interest, Home Buying, Home Selling, Market Conditions, Perry & Co. Services | 1 Comment
Tags: Denver, Denver Colorado Real Estate, Denver Real Estate, Home Buying, Home Selling, Perry & Co
We’re blogging about…Amy Shonstrom Ann Kennedy Aurora Barb Perry Betsy Lutz Boe Sullivan Boulder Brad Colburn Brooke Granville Carla Bartell Cherry Creek Cherry Creek North Chuck Anderson Cindy Webb Claire Averill Client Appreciation Commerce City Corrie Lee Courtney Ranson Dagley Arnold Dave Browning Denver Denver Colorado Real Estate Denver Neighborhoods Denver Real Estate Derek Rinetti Diana Garrett Don Larrance Ed Quinn Englewood Facebook Gina Cornelison Highlands Ranch Holiday Cocktails Home Buying Home Selling Homes For Sale Jeanne Moore Jon Larrance Karen Nichols Katie Hulings Katie Nicholson Millice Kim Hutchins Kim Kouba LeadingRE Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Letters of Commendation Lindsay Filsinger LinkedIn Littleton Lone Tree Lorrie Grillo Luxury Luxury Homes For Sale Luxury Real Estate LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents Mary Pat Wilson Mary Sullivan-Ridge Michele Brumelle Pam Parker Perry & Co Perry & Co. Agents Petey Fletcher Positive Attitude Real Estate Relocation Sally Gardenswartz Sandy Colling Social Networking Sue Bickert Tammy Phillips Twitter Washington Park Wash Park Why Blog
- The 2013 Perry & Co. Holiday Help List – We Wish You a Happy Holiday Season!
- 2013 Metro Denver Colorado July 4th Fireworks Shows
- 5 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Tenant-to-Landlord Relationships
- Perry & Co. President & Managing Broker Heather Parness Resigns
- Perry & Co. Realtors Prepare To Move Offices With A Good-Bye Gift To Their Neighbors!
Perry & Co. PhotoStream
- RT @SkyF1Insider: “@F1TheZone: Let the tweets begin :) http://t.co/BZOzfkzfTm” 1 day ago
- Why wait until 2am when you can Spring Forward now? 1 day ago
- RT @CRB_Council: 4 Million Homes Return to Positive Equity dlvr.it/55RbNp 2 days ago
- RT @NAR_Research: Single Female Home Buyers [Data from the 2013 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers] #2013HBS http://t.co/HBTTHdC9hC 2 days ago
- Congratulations to Perry & Co.'s newest graduate of Larry Kendall's Ninja Selling program Hyla Feder, and to... fb.me/2Li3QirNM 3 days ago
Follow Perry & Co on FacebookFB.init("109f41a9e56dff3b4dbbd4772757f3df");Perry & Co. Real Estate Professionals on Facebook
- 204,800 viewings