The following tips were drawn from a panel discussion moderated by Victor Lund of the WAV Group entitled “The Power of Social Networking: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Blogging Tactics of Top Luxury Professionals” at the 7th Annual Luxury Real Estate Spring Retreat on Tuesday, April 29, 2009 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas.
Guest presenters were Perry & Co. Vice President Jon Larrance, Jim Walberg of Caribbean Islands Realty, and Bruce Hiatt of Las Vegas’ Luxury Realty Group.
FACEBOOK & LINKEDIN TIPS FOR REALTORS
- These sites provide you with unlimited “reasons to call” your contacts – no need to worry about what to say when you talk to them anymore. Pay attention and look for “change of life status” cues.
- Remember, you can delete any post on your wall, as well as any you post on other people’s walls. You have total control of what you see and what
others see of you, including tagged photos and your photo albums.
- Don’t worry about the Time Investment required in Social Networking, not only will you have fun watching these sites grow, but once you get started you’ll be hard pressed to pull yourself away.
- Be creative with your profile picture (think Photoshop or your favorite leisure activity). Create albums and upload pictures and videos – tell a story and people will return to your profile again and again.
- Modify your Notification Settings so as to avoid getting bombarded with emails in your regular email program. Organize your contacts into categories. Use the categories to send relevant information to people on those lists.
- The line between Personal and Professional use has totally blurred – connect with both types of people on all Social Networking sites. Keep your messages in the middle, portray yourself as professional and passionate (be authentic – avoid self-indulgence). Remember to have fun! And don’t forget there are tools in place for changing how different categories of friends can view your content, Profile and Photo Albums.
- Add/copy a link into your status, maybe link to your blog post, new listing or Twitter account.
- Use the Invite function for open houses, etc.
- Add your blogging application into your Social Networking sites. In fact, explore all the Application options available.
- Cross promote all of your Social Networking profiles on all of your Social Networking profiles, on your website, blogsite, in your email signature, and on all your printed materials.
- Try the Smartphone applications.
Click here to see BLOGGING TIPS from the Panel Discussion. Click here to see TWITTER TIPS. Read the conference attendee’s Reviews of the Panel.
Click here to see Jim Walberg‘s EastBayRealEstate.com account of the 2009 LuxuryRealEstate.com Las Vegas Conference.
Click here to see Jon Larrance’s account of the LuxuryRealEstate.com Las Vegas Conference.
Written by Perry & Co Vice President Jon Larrance
Photos courtesy of Ilya’s Photography
- Share this:
Filed under: Information For Realtors, LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents, Perry & Co. Services | Leave a Comment
Tags: Bruce Hiatt, Denver Real Estate, Facebook, Jim Walberg, John Brian Losh, Jon Larrance, LinkedIn, Luxury Real Estate, LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents, Perry & Co, Real Estate, Social Networking, Twitter, Victor Lund, Why Blog
We’re blogging about…Barb Perry Betsy Lutz Brad Colburn Brooke Granville Carla Bartell Cherry Creek Chuck Anderson Cindy Webb Claire Averill Corrie Lee Courtney Ranson Dagley Arnold Dave Browning Denver Denver Colorado Real Estate Denver Neighborhoods Denver Real Estate Don Larrance Facebook Gina Cornelison Heather Parness Home Buying Home Selling Homes For Sale Jon Larrance Karen Nichols Kim Hutchins LeadingRE Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Letters of Commendation LinkedIn Lorrie Grillo Luxury Homes For Sale Luxury Real Estate LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents Mary Sullivan-Ridge Pam Parker Perry & Co Perry & Co. Agents Positive Attitude Real Estate Relocation Sue Bickert Tammy Phillips Twitter
- Perry & Co. Wishes You A Happy 2010 Thanksgiving
- Letter of Recommendation for Perry & Co. Denver Realtor Courtney Ranson
- Letter of Thanks To Perry & Co. Agents Sue Bickert & Karen Nichols
- The Perry & Co. Realtor Interview: Kristi Lucas
- Perry & Co.’s Heather Parness Makes Denver Business Journal’s Top Ten In Denver Colorado Real Estate!
- Caribbean Islands Blog Caribbean Islands Realty
- East Bay Real Estate San Francisco Real Estate
- Lawrence Realty Squaw Valley Ski Area (Lake Tahoe) Real Estate
- Leading Real Estate Companies of the World The LeadingRE Real Estate Beat
- LuxuryRealEstate.com Most Viewed Luxury Real Estate Website In The World
- Marquette Turner Australian Luxury Homes
- Marquette Turner Asia/Pacific Luxury Homes
- Reality Sense Spain, Algarve, Tuscany & Switzerland Real Estate
- Rimontgo Luxury Homes in Spain
Perry & Co Agent Blogs
- Courtney Ranson
- Kirk Hartshorn
Follow Perry & Co. VP Jon Larrance
- I just invented Hot Chocolate Egg Nog - now that's sweet and thick. 14 hours ago
- RT @GuacamoleU In defense of Cilantro Haters - it's a genetic thing! http://nyti.ms/bKytqO #HolyGuacamole 3 days ago
- You've waited long enough! Here's Perry & Co's 2010 #Thanksgiving Help List http://wp.me/plP75-Es Everything you need in one place! #Recipes 4 days ago
- RT @denverwashpark Get your Trot on Denver! 37th Annual Mile High United Way Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot at #WashPark. http://goo.gl/qFBlN 4 days ago
- RT @scanlifeinfo Here's another cool thing you can do with ScanLife app. Scan a product and buy online... http://fb.me/v2AAFac3 4 days ago
Follow Perry & Co on FacebookFB.init("109f41a9e56dff3b4dbbd4772757f3df");Perry & Co. Real Estate Professionals on Facebook
- 40,756 viewings
No Responses Yet to “The Power of Social Networking For Real Estate Professionals: Facebook & LinkedIn Tips”