5/12/09 – Another change to the First-time Buyer $8,000 Tax Credit – it can now be used as a downpayment! Click here to see the Colorado Housing & Finance Authority’s JumpStart Fact Sheet on the details of using the Tax Credit as a downpayment in Colorado.
2/19/09 – American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 expands the first-time homebuyer credit to include purchases made before Dec. 1, 2009. Click here to see The National Association of Realtors’ full breakdown of the 2009 First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit
The IRS announced Feb. 25 that for first-time homebuyers who purchase in 2009, the maximum credit is $8,000 (with no payback) and can be claimed on a buyer’s 2008 federal tax return. The credit is claimed using Form 5405.
Click here to learn more IRS Information Related to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Or here for an informative Alert Letter from Michael Bennet, Senator for Colorado, dated 3/23/09.
Seem confusing? Click here for further explanation, or contact a Perry & Co. agent with questions of how you can benefit from the revised First-time Homebuyer Tax Credit.
- Share this:
Filed under: Denver Colorado Real Estate, Home Buying, Information For Realtors, Market Conditions | 1 Comment
Tags: ARRA, First-time Homebuyers, Home Buying, IRS, Perry & Co, Positive Attitude, Tax Credit
One Response to “Revised First-time Homebuyer Tax Credit”
Leave a Reply
We’re blogging about…Barb Perry Betsy Lutz Brad Colburn Brooke Granville Carla Bartell Cherry Creek Chuck Anderson Cindy Webb Claire Averill Corrie Lee Courtney Ranson Dagley Arnold Dave Browning Denver Denver Colorado Real Estate Denver Neighborhoods Denver Real Estate Don Larrance Facebook Gina Cornelison Heather Parness Home Buying Home Selling Homes For Sale Jon Larrance Karen Nichols Kim Hutchins LeadingRE Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Letters of Commendation LinkedIn Lorrie Grillo Luxury Homes For Sale Luxury Real Estate LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents Mary Sullivan-Ridge Pam Parker Perry & Co Perry & Co. Agents Positive Attitude Real Estate Relocation Sue Bickert Tammy Phillips Twitter
- Perry & Co. Wishes You A Happy 2010 Thanksgiving
- Letter of Recommendation for Perry & Co. Denver Realtor Courtney Ranson
- Letter of Thanks To Perry & Co. Agents Sue Bickert & Karen Nichols
- The Perry & Co. Realtor Interview: Kristi Lucas
- Perry & Co.’s Heather Parness Makes Denver Business Journal’s Top Ten In Denver Colorado Real Estate!
- Caribbean Islands Blog Caribbean Islands Realty
- East Bay Real Estate San Francisco Real Estate
- Lawrence Realty Squaw Valley Ski Area (Lake Tahoe) Real Estate
- Leading Real Estate Companies of the World The LeadingRE Real Estate Beat
- LuxuryRealEstate.com Most Viewed Luxury Real Estate Website In The World
- Marquette Turner Australian Luxury Homes
- Marquette Turner Asia/Pacific Luxury Homes
- Reality Sense Spain, Algarve, Tuscany & Switzerland Real Estate
- Rimontgo Luxury Homes in Spain
Perry & Co Agent Blogs
- Courtney Ranson
- Kirk Hartshorn
Follow Perry & Co. VP Jon Larrance
- I just invented Hot Chocolate Egg Nog - now that's sweet and thick. 17 hours ago
- RT @GuacamoleU In defense of Cilantro Haters - it's a genetic thing! http://nyti.ms/bKytqO #HolyGuacamole 3 days ago
- You've waited long enough! Here's Perry & Co's 2010 #Thanksgiving Help List http://wp.me/plP75-Es Everything you need in one place! #Recipes 4 days ago
- RT @denverwashpark Get your Trot on Denver! 37th Annual Mile High United Way Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot at #WashPark. http://goo.gl/qFBlN 4 days ago
- RT @scanlifeinfo Here's another cool thing you can do with ScanLife app. Scan a product and buy online... http://fb.me/v2AAFac3 4 days ago
Follow Perry & Co on FacebookFB.init("109f41a9e56dff3b4dbbd4772757f3df");Perry & Co. Real Estate Professionals on Facebook
- 40,762 viewings
Great post! I’ve never seen this provision of the ARRA laid out quite like this. Thank you for providing this comparison!