On any given day you will find active people playing on the Platte, whether you bike, fish, kayak, walk, or run, enjoying the outdoors is spectacular in Littleton.
As you head west on the Platte River trail you will come across Historic Downtown Littleton. Take a rest, find some shade or stroll down Main Street; there are plenty of shops and restaurants to fill up your afternoon.
One of the small boutiques that caught our eye was Details. This store lives up to it name, Details; anything to finish off an outfit; jewelry, earrings, purses, and belts. For that unique stocking stuffer or birthday present this is the place to come!
If you need that jolt for more shopping, go to Lola’s Sugar Rush. This is where you will find nostalgic candy from your childhood to satisfy any sweet tooth. Lola’s Sugar Rush has it all; they will even help you celebrate your next birthday in style.
If you need to find that next creative gift for the person who has everything go to Willow, an artisan’s market. This is where local artists come to sell their unique jewelry, hand painted furniture and hand blown glass bowls. Photography and paintings help decorate the stores walls; truly an inspiration.
As we stroll down Main Street we came next upon Savory; a locally owned spice shop that is a cook’s haven. Having trouble finding that special spice for Grandma’s recipe? Look no further than Savory. They always have fresh spices at low prices. They will help you find that perfect blend for your next dinner party.
As we head out of Savory’s door, we look over to see a new restaurant, Merle’s. Where the drinks and food are great. They have a roof top deck, perfect for those sunny Colorado days. Another hot spot to eat is The Melting Pot, were every night the parking lot is full. They recently expanded their seating outdoors to accommodate even more diners.
Of course there are plenty more shops to peak at, and food to eat, but just stop on by to take a look. For art lovers, there’s the Town Hall Arts Center, a short distance away right in the middle of Downtown Littleton.
Historic Downtown Littleton holds many events throughout the year; they hold their annual block party in July, Western Welcome Week in August and an Outdoor Market every second weekend now through October. Littleton Historic Museum holds their annual pumpkin patch sale, as you scroll through the “old times” staff members are dressed as they were back then. And don’t forget the parade with Santa and lighting of the tree down Main Street. This event happens the weekend after Thanksgiving every year.
We think living on The Platte in Littleton is the best. This is where home is..
Written by Perry & Co. co-workers
Christy Hill & Jennifer Schell.
- Share this:
Filed under: Home Buying, Neighborhoods, Restaurants & Nightlife | 1 Comment
Tags: Christy Hill, Denver, Denver Neighborhoods, Historic Downtown Littleton, Jennifer Schell, Littleton, Littleton Historic Museum, Perry & Co, Platte, Platte River
We’re blogging about…Barb Perry Betsy Lutz Brad Colburn Brooke Granville Carla Bartell Cherry Creek Chuck Anderson Cindy Webb Claire Averill Corrie Lee Courtney Ranson Dagley Arnold Dave Browning Denver Denver Colorado Real Estate Denver Neighborhoods Denver Real Estate Don Larrance Facebook Gina Cornelison Heather Parness Home Buying Home Selling Homes For Sale Jon Larrance Karen Nichols Kim Hutchins LeadingRE Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Letters of Commendation LinkedIn Lorrie Grillo Luxury Homes For Sale Luxury Real Estate LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents Mary Sullivan-Ridge Pam Parker Perry & Co Perry & Co. Agents Positive Attitude Real Estate Relocation Sue Bickert Tammy Phillips Twitter
- Perry & Co. Wishes You A Happy 2010 Thanksgiving
- Letter of Recommendation for Perry & Co. Denver Realtor Courtney Ranson
- Letter of Thanks To Perry & Co. Agents Sue Bickert & Karen Nichols
- The Perry & Co. Realtor Interview: Kristi Lucas
- Perry & Co.’s Heather Parness Makes Denver Business Journal’s Top Ten In Denver Colorado Real Estate!
Follow Perry & Co. VP Jon Larrance
- I just invented Hot Chocolate Egg Nog - now that's sweet and thick. 12 hours ago
- RT @GuacamoleU In defense of Cilantro Haters - it's a genetic thing! http://nyti.ms/bKytqO #HolyGuacamole 3 days ago
- You've waited long enough! Here's Perry & Co's 2010 #Thanksgiving Help List http://wp.me/plP75-Es Everything you need in one place! #Recipes 4 days ago
- RT @denverwashpark Get your Trot on Denver! 37th Annual Mile High United Way Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot at #WashPark. http://goo.gl/qFBlN 4 days ago
- RT @scanlifeinfo Here's another cool thing you can do with ScanLife app. Scan a product and buy online... http://fb.me/v2AAFac3 4 days ago
Follow Perry & Co on FacebookFB.init("109f41a9e56dff3b4dbbd4772757f3df");Perry & Co. Real Estate Professionals on Facebook
- 40,751 viewings