Perry & Co. Broker Associate Mary Sullivan-Ridge was interviewed on 8/18/09.
How many years have you been in real estate?
How long have you lived in Denver?
What was your background before you got into real estate?
It feels like I have always been in real estate in some capacity. For years I was the Customer Service Coordinator for Carmel Homes. I had to schedule warranty work, repairs, etc., for all of their communities – at one point I had 16 projects going at the same time. I managed the repair crew and met with homeowners on a regular basis. I transitioned home owner associations from builder to owners.
After that I worked for an REO company, then owned my own REO company.
After that I took my license out in the world to work individual transactions… Here I am!
How does your level of experience benefit your clients?
I have seen it all. I feel I am a good listener and can contribute to either buyer or seller needs.
What organizations do you volunteer for?
I am a Wish Grantor for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Do you have any Realtor designations? If so, how do they benefit your clients?
Yes, GRI (Graduate Realtor Institute) & EcoBroker.
Both designations required hours of ongoing education. I continually try to get the latest real estate education to enhance my knowledge and to better serve my clients.
What sets Perry & Co. apart from other real estate companies?
Perry & Co. is a “boutique” company and is set apart from other companies that are corporately run, and thus only interested in revenues.
What are your favorite hobbies?
Running, biking, hiking, skiing, reading, and cooking.
What neighborhood(s) do you know particularly well?
I grew up in Bonnie Brae. I know Washington Park, Platt Park, DU, Alamo Placita, Virginia Village, Congress Park, and Cory Merrill well.
What area(s) of real estate would you say you are your area(s) of expertise?
I am most fond of first time homeowners. They appreciate my time and efforts and I feel I can help them the most. Nothing is better than a closing with a first time home buyer!
Tell me about your last transaction?
The roof couldn’t be replaced prior to closing due to the extensive amount of hail damage this summer. We had to be creative and get the home closed with buyer receiving the check for the roofing company for work to be performed in the future… Not exactly perfect, however, buyer and seller agreed and the transaction closed. Learned that the mortgage company would not allow an escrow for roof when weather (specifically snow, or ice) is not the issue.
What modes of communication do you prefer to use to connect with your clients? Phone, email, and text messaging.
Tell me a little bit about your family, and the neighborhood you live in?
I come from a large family that has grown from brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews to great-nieces and great-nephews. Most of my family lives here in Denver.
I live in the DU, Washington Park area with my husband of 25 years. I spend most every morning running at Washington Park. We enjoy walking to LightRail to go to baseball and hockey games.
Learn more about Mary, and see her current listings, by clicking here.
- Share this:
Filed under: Agent Interviews, Denver Colorado Real Estate, Home Buying, Home Selling, Perry & Co. Agents | 1 Comment
Tags: Alamo Placita, Congress Park, Cory Merrill, Denver Colorado Real Estate, Denver Neighborhoods, DU, EcoBroker, GRI, Mary Sullivan-Ridge, Perry & Co, Platt Park, Virginia Village, Wash Park, Washington Park
One Response to “The Perry & Co. 2009 Agent Interview: Mary Sullivan-Ridge”
Leave a Reply
We’re blogging about…Barb Perry Betsy Lutz Brad Colburn Brooke Granville Carla Bartell Cherry Creek Chuck Anderson Cindy Webb Claire Averill Corrie Lee Courtney Ranson Dagley Arnold Dave Browning Denver Denver Colorado Real Estate Denver Neighborhoods Denver Real Estate Don Larrance Facebook Gina Cornelison Heather Parness Home Buying Home Selling Homes For Sale Jon Larrance Karen Nichols Kim Hutchins LeadingRE Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Letters of Commendation LinkedIn Lorrie Grillo Luxury Homes For Sale Luxury Real Estate LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents Mary Sullivan-Ridge Pam Parker Perry & Co Perry & Co. Agents Positive Attitude Real Estate Relocation Sue Bickert Tammy Phillips Twitter
- Perry & Co. Wishes You A Happy 2010 Thanksgiving
- Letter of Recommendation for Perry & Co. Denver Realtor Courtney Ranson
- Letter of Thanks To Perry & Co. Agents Sue Bickert & Karen Nichols
- The Perry & Co. Realtor Interview: Kristi Lucas
- Perry & Co.’s Heather Parness Makes Denver Business Journal’s Top Ten In Denver Colorado Real Estate!
- Caribbean Islands Blog Caribbean Islands Realty
- East Bay Real Estate San Francisco Real Estate
- Lawrence Realty Squaw Valley Ski Area (Lake Tahoe) Real Estate
- Leading Real Estate Companies of the World The LeadingRE Real Estate Beat
- LuxuryRealEstate.com Most Viewed Luxury Real Estate Website In The World
- Marquette Turner Australian Luxury Homes
- Marquette Turner Asia/Pacific Luxury Homes
- Reality Sense Spain, Algarve, Tuscany & Switzerland Real Estate
- Rimontgo Luxury Homes in Spain
Perry & Co Agent Blogs
- Courtney Ranson
- Kirk Hartshorn
Follow Perry & Co. VP Jon Larrance
- I just invented Hot Chocolate Egg Nog - now that's sweet and thick. 15 hours ago
- RT @GuacamoleU In defense of Cilantro Haters - it's a genetic thing! http://nyti.ms/bKytqO #HolyGuacamole 3 days ago
- You've waited long enough! Here's Perry & Co's 2010 #Thanksgiving Help List http://wp.me/plP75-Es Everything you need in one place! #Recipes 4 days ago
- RT @denverwashpark Get your Trot on Denver! 37th Annual Mile High United Way Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot at #WashPark. http://goo.gl/qFBlN 4 days ago
- RT @scanlifeinfo Here's another cool thing you can do with ScanLife app. Scan a product and buy online... http://fb.me/v2AAFac3 4 days ago
Follow Perry & Co on FacebookFB.init("109f41a9e56dff3b4dbbd4772757f3df");Perry & Co. Real Estate Professionals on Facebook
- 40,760 viewings
You are definitely the real deal!