Perry & Co. Broker Associate Kirk Hartshorn was interviewed on 9/7/09.
How many years have you been in real estate?
8 years total.
How long have you lived in Denver?
19 years, including 1.5 in Boulder.
What was your background before you got into real estate?
I have been involved in sales almost all my adult life. I did go back to school full time at age 27 to get my degree in Business Administration at UC Denver.
How does your level of experience benefit your clients?
I first started as a Real Estate Professional in 1986, when the interest rates were double digits and a 20-30% down payment was a must. Fast forward to my years in Florida as a Realtor in the late 90′s- early 2000′s when the rates were at all time lows, homes could be purchased with zero dollars out-of-pocket and it was a frenzy. Having been involved in the real estate industry in diverse and sometimes irrational climates, I feel my experiences and knowledge will benefit both buyers and sellers alike.
What organizations do you volunteer for? Or, do you sit on any outside boards or committees?
I volunteer at the Grant Avenue Street Reach at the St. Paul Lutheran Church on 16th & Grant.
What makes your personal services unique?
I am a firm believer in building relationships with the folks I will be representing and assisting in one of the largest transactions of their lives. I still keep in touch with clients (now friends) from years ago. I consider myself to be a very trustworthy and loyal individual/broker and feel these traits work toward my clients’ success.
What sets Perry & Co. apart from other real estate companies?
Having worked in real estate companies ranging from 3 agents to companies with hundreds, Perry & Co.’s boutique structure and size is absolutely perfect. The levels of professionalism, integrity and experience within Perry & Co.’s agents, owners and staff is unsurpassed by anything I’ve come across in the real estate industry.
I feel so fortunate to be a part of the “Denver Tradition“ known as Perry & Co.
What are your favorite hobbies?
I love cycling! I road ride and mountain bike. I also have a cyclo-cross bike that I ride in the winter months. I have raced in the past, races such as Leadville 100, but feel that competing on that level takes a lot of the pure joy out of the sport for me. I ride 150-250 miles per week, depending on my time constraints, and also go to Moab to mountain bike ride at least once a year.
What neighborhood(s) do you know particularly well?
Washington Park, particularly West Wash Park.
What area(s) of real estate would you say you are your area(s) of expertise?
I really enjoy working with first-time homebuyers, and sellers, with growing families making a move to a larger home.
What technologies would you say you are proficient in?
I have been increasingly interested in Facebook and blogging. I am in the process of setting up my own blog that will focus on the West Wash Park area of Denver, where my wife and I live. www.westwashparkliving.com
What modes of communication do you prefer to use to connect with your clients?
I really enjoy speaking with my clients on the phone when time permits but the use of email and texting in most of our busy schedules seems to be the most efficient.
Tell me a little bit about your family, and the neighborhood you live in?
As mentioned earlier, my wife and I and our dog Suki, live in the West Wash Park area. Having lived on the East and North sides of Wash Park over the years, West Wash Park is definitely home.
To what single thing, or person, would you attribute your success in real estate to?
I’d say I would attribute my success in real estate to my love of home ownership and having a passion in helping others achieve their dreams of ”their first home,” ”a larger home” or a ”home in the neighborhood they’ve always dreamed of living in.” That is what drives me, inspires me and motivates me everyday.
Learn more about Kirk, and see his current listings, by clicking here.
- Share this:
Filed under: Agent Interviews, Denver Colorado Real Estate, Home Buying, Home Selling, Perry & Co. Agents | Leave a Comment
Tags: Denver, Denver Colorado Real Estate, Denver Neighborhoods, Denver Real Estate, Perry & Co, Wash Park, Washington Park, West Wash Park
We’re blogging about…Barb Perry Betsy Lutz Brad Colburn Brooke Granville Carla Bartell Cherry Creek Chuck Anderson Cindy Webb Claire Averill Corrie Lee Courtney Ranson Dagley Arnold Dave Browning Denver Denver Colorado Real Estate Denver Neighborhoods Denver Real Estate Don Larrance Facebook Gina Cornelison Heather Parness Home Buying Home Selling Homes For Sale Jon Larrance Karen Nichols Kim Hutchins LeadingRE Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Letters of Commendation LinkedIn Lorrie Grillo Luxury Homes For Sale Luxury Real Estate LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents Mary Sullivan-Ridge Pam Parker Perry & Co Perry & Co. Agents Positive Attitude Real Estate Relocation Sue Bickert Tammy Phillips Twitter
- Perry & Co. Wishes You A Happy 2010 Thanksgiving
- Letter of Recommendation for Perry & Co. Denver Realtor Courtney Ranson
- Letter of Thanks To Perry & Co. Agents Sue Bickert & Karen Nichols
- The Perry & Co. Realtor Interview: Kristi Lucas
- Perry & Co.’s Heather Parness Makes Denver Business Journal’s Top Ten In Denver Colorado Real Estate!
- Caribbean Islands Blog Caribbean Islands Realty
- East Bay Real Estate San Francisco Real Estate
- Lawrence Realty Squaw Valley Ski Area (Lake Tahoe) Real Estate
- Leading Real Estate Companies of the World The LeadingRE Real Estate Beat
- LuxuryRealEstate.com Most Viewed Luxury Real Estate Website In The World
- Marquette Turner Australian Luxury Homes
- Marquette Turner Asia/Pacific Luxury Homes
- Reality Sense Spain, Algarve, Tuscany & Switzerland Real Estate
- Rimontgo Luxury Homes in Spain
Perry & Co Agent Blogs
- Courtney Ranson
- Kirk Hartshorn
Follow Perry & Co. VP Jon Larrance
- I just invented Hot Chocolate Egg Nog - now that's sweet and thick. 21 hours ago
- RT @GuacamoleU In defense of Cilantro Haters - it's a genetic thing! http://nyti.ms/bKytqO #HolyGuacamole 3 days ago
- You've waited long enough! Here's Perry & Co's 2010 #Thanksgiving Help List http://wp.me/plP75-Es Everything you need in one place! #Recipes 4 days ago
- RT @denverwashpark Get your Trot on Denver! 37th Annual Mile High United Way Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot at #WashPark. http://goo.gl/qFBlN 4 days ago
- RT @scanlifeinfo Here's another cool thing you can do with ScanLife app. Scan a product and buy online... http://fb.me/v2AAFac3 5 days ago
Follow Perry & Co on FacebookFB.init("109f41a9e56dff3b4dbbd4772757f3df");Perry & Co. Real Estate Professionals on Facebook
- 40,772 viewings
No Responses Yet to “The Perry & Co. 2009 Agent Interview: Kirk Hartshorn”