(Note: Following up on our earlier post McStain Homes Files Bankruptcy, “For purchasers whose homes are still under construction, McStain will be purchasing a 3rd party warranty.“)
As part of its operational reorganization in a lean economy, Colorado home-builder McStain Enterprises Inc. has partnered with ProHome Colorado to decrease costs for warranty service on all their new homes.
“ProHome not only assisted McStain during these lean times, but they will play a vital role in our recovery by saving us money on warranty administration,” David Ware, vice president of community development for McStain neighborhoods said. “McStain has been a self insured warrantor and it became apparent during the market crash facing our industry that we needed to find a way to save and pass those savings along to consumers.”
The bursting housing bubble has been a major factor in pushing the country into the worst recession in 70 years, and builders have responded by sharply cutting back on construction and looking for ways to save money.
“Usually it’s a 30-60 percent savings over having their own warranty department,” Bill Armstrong ProHome Colorado President said. “One of the things our building customers like most is that their phones stop ringing with warranty calls, we handle it for them.”
In its September report, the US Commerce Department showed increasing strength in the construction industry with applications for building permits, considered a gauge of economic strength, up 2.7% in August. Industry experts say that this is partially due to home builders finding ways to cut costs while maintaining high levels of customer service. Construction of multifamily units surged 25.3% and most economists agree the overall recession has likely ended.
According to Armstrong, by saving money on their warranties, builders like McStain can pass savings along to consumers, and this can be an important part of their sales strategy in an economy just reaching recovery stages. This also gives builders more time to focus on business because their phones aren’t ringing with warranty claims and they have reduced liability exposure in dealing with the legalities of home warranties, Armstrong adds.
“Because ProHome Colorado is staffed with professionals who understand warranties, we can take the process, and the headaches that come with it, completely out of the builders’ hands. In the case of McStain, this allows them to focus more on building homes,” Armstrong said. “We’ll be clear with the homeowners about what is and is not covered.”
To contact Bill Armstrong of Pro Home Colorado call 303-679-9090. To contact David Ware from McStain Neighborhoods call 303-591-2937.
- Share this:
Filed under: Denver Colorado Real Estate, Denver News & Things of Interest, Home Buying, Information For Realtors | Leave a Comment
Tags: Bankruptcy, Denver, Denver Colorado Real Estate, Denver Neighborhoods, Denver Real Estate, Home Builders, Lowry, McStain, Perry & Co
We’re blogging about…Barb Perry Betsy Lutz Brad Colburn Brooke Granville Carla Bartell Cherry Creek Chuck Anderson Cindy Webb Claire Averill Corrie Lee Courtney Ranson Dagley Arnold Dave Browning Denver Denver Colorado Real Estate Denver Neighborhoods Denver Real Estate Don Larrance Facebook Gina Cornelison Heather Parness Home Buying Home Selling Homes For Sale Jon Larrance Karen Nichols Kim Hutchins LeadingRE Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Letters of Commendation LinkedIn Lorrie Grillo Luxury Homes For Sale Luxury Real Estate LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents Mary Sullivan-Ridge Pam Parker Perry & Co Perry & Co. Agents Positive Attitude Real Estate Relocation Sue Bickert Tammy Phillips Twitter
- Perry & Co. Wishes You A Happy 2010 Thanksgiving
- Letter of Recommendation for Perry & Co. Denver Realtor Courtney Ranson
- Letter of Thanks To Perry & Co. Agents Sue Bickert & Karen Nichols
- The Perry & Co. Realtor Interview: Kristi Lucas
- Perry & Co.’s Heather Parness Makes Denver Business Journal’s Top Ten In Denver Colorado Real Estate!
Follow Perry & Co. VP Jon Larrance
- I just invented Hot Chocolate Egg Nog - now that's sweet and thick. 16 hours ago
- RT @GuacamoleU In defense of Cilantro Haters - it's a genetic thing! http://nyti.ms/bKytqO #HolyGuacamole 3 days ago
- You've waited long enough! Here's Perry & Co's 2010 #Thanksgiving Help List http://wp.me/plP75-Es Everything you need in one place! #Recipes 4 days ago
- RT @denverwashpark Get your Trot on Denver! 37th Annual Mile High United Way Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot at #WashPark. http://goo.gl/qFBlN 4 days ago
- RT @scanlifeinfo Here's another cool thing you can do with ScanLife app. Scan a product and buy online... http://fb.me/v2AAFac3 4 days ago
Follow Perry & Co on FacebookFB.init("109f41a9e56dff3b4dbbd4772757f3df");Perry & Co. Real Estate Professionals on Facebook
- 40,760 viewings