Perry & Co. Denver Real Estate Professionals’ Broker Associate Erin Toll Glover was interviewed on 7/21/10.
How many years have you been in real estate?
Since I was 16 years old when I started searching titles for a title insurance company. So I’ve been involved in real estate for more than 30 years.
How long have you lived here?
I’ve lived in Colorado since I came out here for college at CU in 1979, except for 3 years afterwards at the University of Virginia Law School.
How does your level of experience benefit your clients?
I know all sides of the real estate transaction from title insurance, to loan origination, to the appraiser process, to the real estate broker side, mostly as a former regulator but also because I had to know those areas to perform my various jobs over the years. My jobs have included title searcher, real estate attorney, assistant attorney general, Deputy Commissioner for the Division of Insurance (where I specialized in title insurance scams), and Director of the Division of Real Estate.
Do you sit on any outside boards or committees?
I recently served as a member of the Board of The Gathering Place, a non-profit serving underprivileged women and children. Also I served as the Planning & Zoning Commissioner for the City of Greenwood Village for three years.
How do you differentiate yourself from other Realtors? What makes your personal services unique?
I am an attorney and former Director of the Division of Real Estate. My services are unique because I actually understand all phases of the real estate transaction, fully understand contracts, and know the law. I understand what actions are legal and what actions are likely to get one in trouble.
What sets Perry & Co. apart from other real estate companies?
It’s people. I feel like I’m working for a team not a dog-eat-dog organization. Just look at the company management team and compare their reputations to the other Denver luxury real estate companies.
What are your favorite hobbies?
I’m an avid mountain biker and snow boarder. I also love taking care of my salt water aquarium.
What neighborhood(s) do you know particularly well?
I know the whole Denver Tech Center area extremely well from Sundance Hills, to Hills East and West, to Cherry Creek Farms because I lived in all of those neighborhoods. I also know my current neighborhood, Observatory Park, very well.
Tell me about your last transaction?
The last property I got under contract was not FHA approved and had a huge lien on it. I actually read the title documents because I understand title insurance and was able to explain to my client why she should not buy the property unless she was ready for a HOA assessment in the near future. She wanted an FHA loan and I explained that with the lien, FHA approval in the near future was unlikely. We began looking at other properties and she found something she liked even better.
What technologies would you say you are most fascinated by?
Twitter and Facebook.
What modes of communication do you prefer to use to connect with your clients? I prefer the phone, but I have one client loves texting and email so that’s how we communicate. But I call her once a week to hear her voice and make sure she’s doing okay. Other clients prefer coffee so I’ve become a real caffeine addict.
Tell me a little bit about your family, and the neighborhood you live in?
I have a strong family and an adoring husband. I have a 20 year old in business school at CU; an 18 year old in boarding school in Utah; and a 6 year old who goes to St. Anne’s and lives on the luxurious trampoline in our backyard. All boys!
Have you received any Awards, or Honors, recently?
Runner up for business person of the year in 2008 (first state government employee ever on the list) from the Rocky Mountain News. I was also named one of the 5 most ethical people in government by Ethics Watch in 2009.
To what single thing, or person, would you attribute your success in real estate to?
I would attribute my success to my personal drive and passion for making a difference in the real estate industry.
Learn more about Erin Toll Glover by clicking here.
- Share this:
Filed under: Agent Interviews, Denver Colorado Real Estate, Home Buying, Home Selling, Perry & Co. Agents | Leave a Comment
Tags: Cherry Creek Farms, Denver Colorado Real Estate, Denver Neighborhoods, Denver Tech Center, DTC, Facebook, Greenwood Village, Hills East, Hills West, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, Observatory Park, Perry & Co, Sundance Hills, The Gathering Place, Twitter
We’re blogging about…Barb Perry Betsy Lutz Brad Colburn Brooke Granville Carla Bartell Cherry Creek Chuck Anderson Cindy Webb Claire Averill Corrie Lee Courtney Ranson Dagley Arnold Dave Browning Denver Denver Colorado Real Estate Denver Neighborhoods Denver Real Estate Don Larrance Facebook Gina Cornelison Heather Parness Home Buying Home Selling Homes For Sale Jon Larrance Karen Nichols Kim Hutchins LeadingRE Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Letters of Commendation LinkedIn Lorrie Grillo Luxury Homes For Sale Luxury Real Estate LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents Mary Sullivan-Ridge Pam Parker Perry & Co Perry & Co. Agents Positive Attitude Real Estate Relocation Sue Bickert Tammy Phillips Twitter
- Perry & Co. Wishes You A Happy 2010 Thanksgiving
- Letter of Recommendation for Perry & Co. Denver Realtor Courtney Ranson
- Letter of Thanks To Perry & Co. Agents Sue Bickert & Karen Nichols
- The Perry & Co. Realtor Interview: Kristi Lucas
- Perry & Co.’s Heather Parness Makes Denver Business Journal’s Top Ten In Denver Colorado Real Estate!
- Caribbean Islands Blog Caribbean Islands Realty
- East Bay Real Estate San Francisco Real Estate
- Lawrence Realty Squaw Valley Ski Area (Lake Tahoe) Real Estate
- Leading Real Estate Companies of the World The LeadingRE Real Estate Beat
- LuxuryRealEstate.com Most Viewed Luxury Real Estate Website In The World
- Marquette Turner Australian Luxury Homes
- Marquette Turner Asia/Pacific Luxury Homes
- Reality Sense Spain, Algarve, Tuscany & Switzerland Real Estate
- Rimontgo Luxury Homes in Spain
Perry & Co Agent Blogs
- Courtney Ranson
- Kirk Hartshorn
Follow Perry & Co. VP Jon Larrance
- I just invented Hot Chocolate Egg Nog - now that's sweet and thick. 22 hours ago
- RT @GuacamoleU In defense of Cilantro Haters - it's a genetic thing! http://nyti.ms/bKytqO #HolyGuacamole 3 days ago
- You've waited long enough! Here's Perry & Co's 2010 #Thanksgiving Help List http://wp.me/plP75-Es Everything you need in one place! #Recipes 4 days ago
- RT @denverwashpark Get your Trot on Denver! 37th Annual Mile High United Way Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot at #WashPark. http://goo.gl/qFBlN 4 days ago
- RT @scanlifeinfo Here's another cool thing you can do with ScanLife app. Scan a product and buy online... http://fb.me/v2AAFac3 5 days ago
Follow Perry & Co on FacebookFB.init("109f41a9e56dff3b4dbbd4772757f3df");Perry & Co. Real Estate Professionals on Facebook
- 40,774 viewings
No Responses Yet to “The Perry & Co. Agent Interview: Erin Toll Glover”