Denver Colorado’s established, but also up-and-coming, neighborhood Platt Park has everything you could ask for in a great neighborhood! But why not explore it for yourself?
If you take the time to explore Platte Park you will find a unique neighborhood with great people, eclectic shops, and tons of eateries. Just 10 minutes south of Downtown Denver, Platt Park is one of Denver’s established neighborhoods which has become a very popular place to live recently. While the neighborhood has taken on quite a transformation, it has managed to keep its character. Anchored by Broadway and Old South Pearl Street, you can literally park your car for the weekend and enjoy all the neighborhood has to offer.
To start your morning off right, stroll over to Duffey’s, get your coffee to order and a cinnamon roll (okay, maybe two – they’re so good). Then are you looking for recreation, shopping or entertainment? One of Denver’s most favorite parks is right down Louisiana. Wash Park is always a happening place, you have basketball, tennis, volleyball, kickball, 2.5 mile running/walking dirt trail and paved road for biking, two lakes, plenty of people watching and enough acreage to find your own space and relax.
If you are looking for a bike trail, go two blocks west on Mississippi and you will find the Platte River bike path. This path goes forever. If you head north you will ride past, Elitch Gardens Amusement Park, Invesco Field at Mile High and right into the REI flagship store, take a right and you just connected to the Cherry Creek bike path that leads you through scenic Downtown and to the heart of Cherry Creek. Head south along the Platte River and you will be led to Chatfield Reservoir. For a more relaxing day Saturday morning in the summer, peruse the farmers market on Old South Pearl or the many boutique shops.
Scoring a 92% on Denver’s walkable neighborhoods, Platt Park has got restaurants galore. For authentic fish & chips, go to Fish & Chips, or Pasquini’s for great pizza, the ever popular Sushi Den and don’t miss Park Burger, you might encounter a line but it is worth it. For entertainment, check out Lincoln’s Roadhouse or Herman’s Hideaway for live music any night of the week. Old South Pearl also has many festivals, Blues & Brews, Brewgrass Festival and coming up is the Halloween Festival. Each year they get bigger and bigger; great bands, great food, great atmosphere.
Instead of being stuck in traffic, jump on the Light Rail at Broadway I-25 stop and head Downtown for a night out or a ballgame. You don’t have to mess with parking and it will get you were you need to go in a fraction of the time. If you work in the Tech Center, Denver’s Light Rail is easy and convenient for the daily commuter. The interstate is close by which makes getting to the airport or the mountains that much more accessible.
What’s the future hold for Platt Park? It will continue to change with the Gates redevelopment plan of a world-class urban village, featuring residential, office, retail, hotel and entertainment uses. Although the project has been put on hold, the central location and demand for redevelopment won’t be held off for long. In the meantime, there are lots of great existing new and resale homes located in the Platt Park neighborhood. One such home is 1265 S Sherman St which features mountain views and old world craftsmanship.
Written by Perry & Co. Denver Real Estate Agent Jennifer Schell.
- Share this:
Filed under: Denver Colorado Real Estate, Neighborhoods, Restaurants & Nightlife, Homes For Sale, Home Buying | Leave a Comment
Tags: Denver, Perry & Co, Denver Colorado Real Estate, Homes For Sale, Washington Park, Jennifer Schell, Wash Park, Up And Coming Neighborhoods, Platte Park, Downtown Denver, South Pearl
We’re blogging about…Barb Perry Betsy Lutz Brad Colburn Brooke Granville Carla Bartell Cherry Creek Chuck Anderson Cindy Webb Claire Averill Corrie Lee Courtney Ranson Dagley Arnold Dave Browning Denver Denver Colorado Real Estate Denver Neighborhoods Denver Real Estate Don Larrance Facebook Gina Cornelison Heather Parness Home Buying Home Selling Homes For Sale Jon Larrance Karen Nichols Kim Hutchins LeadingRE Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Letters of Commendation LinkedIn Lorrie Grillo Luxury Homes For Sale Luxury Real Estate LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents Mary Sullivan-Ridge Pam Parker Perry & Co Perry & Co. Agents Positive Attitude Real Estate Relocation Sue Bickert Tammy Phillips Twitter
- Perry & Co. Wishes You A Happy 2010 Thanksgiving
- Letter of Recommendation for Perry & Co. Denver Realtor Courtney Ranson
- Letter of Thanks To Perry & Co. Agents Sue Bickert & Karen Nichols
- The Perry & Co. Realtor Interview: Kristi Lucas
- Perry & Co.’s Heather Parness Makes Denver Business Journal’s Top Ten In Denver Colorado Real Estate!
- Caribbean Islands Blog Caribbean Islands Realty
- East Bay Real Estate San Francisco Real Estate
- Lawrence Realty Squaw Valley Ski Area (Lake Tahoe) Real Estate
- Leading Real Estate Companies of the World The LeadingRE Real Estate Beat
- LuxuryRealEstate.com Most Viewed Luxury Real Estate Website In The World
- Marquette Turner Australian Luxury Homes
- Marquette Turner Asia/Pacific Luxury Homes
- Reality Sense Spain, Algarve, Tuscany & Switzerland Real Estate
- Rimontgo Luxury Homes in Spain
Perry & Co Agent Blogs
- Courtney Ranson
- Kirk Hartshorn
Follow Perry & Co. VP Jon Larrance
- I just invented Hot Chocolate Egg Nog - now that's sweet and thick. 12 hours ago
- RT @GuacamoleU In defense of Cilantro Haters - it's a genetic thing! http://nyti.ms/bKytqO #HolyGuacamole 3 days ago
- You've waited long enough! Here's Perry & Co's 2010 #Thanksgiving Help List http://wp.me/plP75-Es Everything you need in one place! #Recipes 4 days ago
- RT @denverwashpark Get your Trot on Denver! 37th Annual Mile High United Way Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot at #WashPark. http://goo.gl/qFBlN 4 days ago
- RT @scanlifeinfo Here's another cool thing you can do with ScanLife app. Scan a product and buy online... http://fb.me/v2AAFac3 4 days ago
Follow Perry & Co on FacebookFB.init("109f41a9e56dff3b4dbbd4772757f3df");Perry & Co. Real Estate Professionals on Facebook
- 40,751 viewings
No Responses Yet to “Denver’s Platt Park Is City Living At It’s Finest”