Homebuyers Should Be Aware of Asbestos Hazards
Home inspections are a valuable process that rapidly studies areas of concern in your property and gives you peace of mind. To protect your real estate investment, professional consultants can provide an evaluation of the home. Consultants will identify material defects in structures and components of the home, in adherence to or exceeding national, state, and industry regulations and standards.
Asbestos that is damaged due to age is known as friable asbestos. This is a serious concern because its toxic fibers can easily circulate and be inhaled. The best advice is to leave any suspected asbestos undisturbed until evaluated by a professional. Asbestos that is not disturbed may not be a cause for concern. Normally, asbestos can appear in roof shingles, pipe coverings (especially at water heaters and gas-fired furnaces), dry wall board, attic insulation, joint compounds, electrical wires, gaskets, furnace cement, and fire brick. The material was also used in a type of ceiling called popcorn ceiling. If an individual is exposed to airborne asbestos fibers, it can lead to the development of a form of lung cancer known as mesothelioma.
Mesothelioma itself has a very long latency period with symptoms arising anywhere from 20 to 50 years after exposure. In most patients, this leads to a late diagnosis when the disease is already in an advanced stage of development. On average, the mesothelioma life expectancy of a patient is not as positive as one would hope, ranging between four and eighteen months following diagnosis.
Filed under: Home Buying, Home Renovation | Leave a Comment
Tags: Asbestos, Home Buying, Home Inspections, Mesothelioma, Perry & Co, Pleural Mesothelioma, Real Estate, Sean McCahill
We’re blogging about…911 997 Amy Shonstrom Aurora Barb Perry Boe Sullivan Bonnie Brae Boulder Brad Colburn Brooke Granville Carla Bartell Cherry Creek Chuck Anderson Cindy Webb Claire Averill Client Appreciation Colorado Commerce City Congress Park Corrie Lee Courtney Ranson Dave Browning Denver Denver Botanic Gardens Denver Colorado Real Estate Denver Neighborhoods Denver Real Estate Don Larrance Englewood Facebook Feng Shui Fort Collins Four Mile Park Gina Cornelison Green Greenwood Village Halloween Highlands Ranch Home Buying Home Selling Homes For Sale Interior Design Jim Walberg John Brian Losh Jon Larrance Karen Nichols Kim Hutchins Kim Kouba LeadingRE Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Letters of Commendation LinkedIn Littleton Lone Tree Luxury Luxury Homes For Sale Luxury Real Estate LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents Mary Sullivan-Ridge Motivational Quotes For Realtors Nicole Ridley Perry & Co Perry & Co. Agents Porsche Positive Attitude Pumpkin Festival QRCodes Quick Response Real Estate Regents Relocation Social Networking Sweet William Market Twitter Victor Lund
- 2014 Metro Denver & Colorado July 4th Fireworks Shows
- Jennifer Schell has been promoted to Managing Broker at Perry & Co.
- Claire Averill Garners SMDRA Sales Production Award for 2013
- Perry & Co. welcomes two new broker associates with international experience
- 2013 Metro Denver Colorado July 4th Fireworks Shows
Perry & Co. PhotoStream
- #EarthDayEveryDay fb.me/1acTJ6HeE 1 hour ago
- Our agents are busy! Check out this great new townhome project led by one of our agents, Jacob Gram on Tejon St. fb.me/5o9GfQVpI 2 days ago
- We loved seeing so many wonderful friends and clients at our #EarthDay Shred-a-thon. We collected over 13,000 lbs... fb.me/1Z0cR1IG9 3 days ago
- Always all smiles at Perry & Co! fb.me/2L2fWRLsr 3 days ago
- Happy Earth Day Earthlings! We can't wait to see you! fb.me/36I208ezj 1 week ago
Follow Perry & Co on FacebookFB.init("109f41a9e56dff3b4dbbd4772757f3df");Perry & Co. Real Estate Professionals on Facebook
- 384,297 viewings