Customers, and Agents, are always asking us, “How many Hits does your real estate company website get?” Well, the simple answer is that PerryAndCo.com averaged about 1,500,000 ‘hits’ per month during 2008. But Hits is a rather nebulous term, and it really doesn’t tell you much about how much traffic a website gets. For instance, each picture on a webpage constitutes a ‘hit’, thus every time someone views the Meet Our Agents page, for example, our statistics package would register over 60 hits. The point being, don’t be impressed when being told that a real estate website receives over a million hits a month, because by their very nature real estate websites are loaded with pictures (more pictures = more statistical hits).
However, there are other web traffic terms that you may be familiar with that are meaningful – Visitors and Pageviews. What you really want to know about a real estate company’s web traffic is how many people, or Visitors, are looking at homes for sale and how many property web pages they are viewing. In 2008, PerryAndCo.com averaged 1650 unique visitors per month, that’s about 55 people per day. “Unique” in terms of web visitors, refers to a single person, regardless of the number of times that person visited the site. The more telling statistic is Pageviews – PerryAndCo.com averaged 35,000 property pageviews per month last year. Doing the math tells us that on average every person who visited Perry & Co’s website looked at over 20 homes for sale.
All these numbers may, or may not, be impressive when compared to our competitors, but they are only a fraction of the total internet exposure that each Perry & Co. real estate listing receives. Have you heard the term “Listing Syndication?” We syndicate our properties to over 20 other popular real estate websites such as AOL, Homes.com, MSN, Yahoo, Zillow, Trulia, and Denver Post/Rocky Mtn News. In fact, all Perry & Co. listings even appear on ReMax.com, as well as most of our other competitor’s websites through IDX. That means that on virtually every website that a consumer might use for their home searches Perry & Co listings will appear.
On Realtor.com alone, Perry & Co. listings receive over 120,000 Property Page Views per month. Note: that Realtor.com is by far the most used real estate website in the US – they claim that near 80% of all Americans looking to purchase a new home will use Realtor.com (that’s why Perry & Co enhances all of our listings on Realtor.com). Additionally, Perry & Co. listings over $500,000 appear on LuxuryRealEstate.com – the world’s most viewed luxury real estate website. Then there’s CraigsList. We also talk about Denver real estate and homes for sale on our blogsite, 3033997777.com, so the number of Perry & Co. Property Page Views just keeps climbing up and up. In summation, we provide our clients’ properties maximum exposure.
So next time a real estate agent starts overwhelming you with statistics about how many Hits their website gets, ask them, “On which other websites do your real estate listings appear?”
Written by Perry & Co Vice President Jon Larrance
- Share this:
Filed under: Denver Colorado Real Estate, Information For Realtors, Perry & Co. Services | 2 Comments
Tags: Denver, Denver Colorado Real Estate, Denver Real Estate, IDX, Jon Larrance, Listing Syndication, Luxury Real Estate, LuxuryRealEstate.com, Perry & Co, Positive Attitude, Real Estate
2 Responses to “How Many People Are Seeing Your House Online?”
Leave a Reply
We’re blogging about…Barb Perry Betsy Lutz Brad Colburn Brooke Granville Carla Bartell Cherry Creek Chuck Anderson Cindy Webb Claire Averill Corrie Lee Courtney Ranson Dagley Arnold Dave Browning Denver Denver Colorado Real Estate Denver Neighborhoods Denver Real Estate Don Larrance Facebook Gina Cornelison Heather Parness Home Buying Home Selling Homes For Sale Jon Larrance Karen Nichols Kim Hutchins LeadingRE Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Letters of Commendation LinkedIn Lorrie Grillo Luxury Homes For Sale Luxury Real Estate LuxuryRealEstate Board of Regents Mary Sullivan-Ridge Pam Parker Perry & Co Perry & Co. Agents Positive Attitude Real Estate Relocation Sue Bickert Tammy Phillips Twitter
- Perry & Co. Wishes You A Happy 2010 Thanksgiving
- Letter of Recommendation for Perry & Co. Denver Realtor Courtney Ranson
- Letter of Thanks To Perry & Co. Agents Sue Bickert & Karen Nichols
- The Perry & Co. Realtor Interview: Kristi Lucas
- Perry & Co.’s Heather Parness Makes Denver Business Journal’s Top Ten In Denver Colorado Real Estate!
- Caribbean Islands Blog Caribbean Islands Realty
- East Bay Real Estate San Francisco Real Estate
- Lawrence Realty Squaw Valley Ski Area (Lake Tahoe) Real Estate
- Leading Real Estate Companies of the World The LeadingRE Real Estate Beat
- LuxuryRealEstate.com Most Viewed Luxury Real Estate Website In The World
- Marquette Turner Australian Luxury Homes
- Marquette Turner Asia/Pacific Luxury Homes
- Reality Sense Spain, Algarve, Tuscany & Switzerland Real Estate
- Rimontgo Luxury Homes in Spain
Perry & Co Agent Blogs
- Courtney Ranson
- Kirk Hartshorn
Follow Perry & Co. VP Jon Larrance
- I just invented Hot Chocolate Egg Nog - now that's sweet and thick. 13 hours ago
- RT @GuacamoleU In defense of Cilantro Haters - it's a genetic thing! http://nyti.ms/bKytqO #HolyGuacamole 3 days ago
- You've waited long enough! Here's Perry & Co's 2010 #Thanksgiving Help List http://wp.me/plP75-Es Everything you need in one place! #Recipes 4 days ago
- RT @denverwashpark Get your Trot on Denver! 37th Annual Mile High United Way Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot at #WashPark. http://goo.gl/qFBlN 4 days ago
- RT @scanlifeinfo Here's another cool thing you can do with ScanLife app. Scan a product and buy online... http://fb.me/v2AAFac3 4 days ago
Follow Perry & Co on FacebookFB.init("109f41a9e56dff3b4dbbd4772757f3df");Perry & Co. Real Estate Professionals on Facebook
- 40,751 viewings
I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.
That’s a job well done. Keep it up.
This is a worth keeping blog and inspiring.
Adele Josephs of http://www.quinoneshomes.com/